One of the many benefits of CBD oils is their versatility. Rather than taking them directly, they can also be used as a base for a wide variety of homemade CBD edibles, which are becoming an increasingly popular way to take CBD. So, if you enjoy incorporating CBD oil into your favourite foods, then why not try making your own CBD butter. It’s very easy to do and it opens the door to a huge number of other recipes.
CBD butter can be used in just the same way that traditional butter is used, from spreading it on bread to being an ingredient in a more complicated recipe.
Do bear in mind that you will need to set aside a few hours as we recommend a slow cooking method to infuse the butter with CBD. Taking it slowly helps to fully infuse the CBD oil into the butter whilst, most importantly, avoiding any burning or damaging the CBD. Going too fast and too hot can cause the CBD to degrade, reducing the potency of your CBD butter.
Ingredients for CBD Butter:
- 500 grams of unsalted butter
- 15ml of Natural CBD oil
- 1 litre of water
You can use any of our 500mg, 1500mg or 3000mg natural CBD oils in the recipe and, depending on the strength you are looking for in your butter, you can vary the amount of oil in this recipe between 10ml and 20ml. However, to give you a guide, if you choose our 1500mg CBD oil and use 15ml in the recipe then every 10g of the resultant butter will contain approximately 15mg of CBD.
Steps to make CBD Butter:
- Cut the butter into several small pieces
- Add your butter and water into a saucepan and place over a low heat
- Add the CBD oil
- Heat the mixture for 3 – 4 hours while occasionally stirring. The object is to slowly boil of the water. Bear in mind that CBD will burn off at temperatures above 175C so stay below this level.
- Once the water has boiled off and you have a dense buttery mixture, remove from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Then transfer your mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate it until it sets.
You can now add your CBD butter to any recipe you desire or just spread it on some toast. The great thing about using a CBD isolate based oil, such as Voyager’s, to make your CBD butter is that you won’t be able to taste it. So all your favourite foods will taste just the same but now with the addition of CBD.
We’ll follow up with some more recipe ideas in the coming weeks.