CBD edibles are increasingly popular and the variety available to buy increases every week but it’s also easy to make CBD foods at home to suit your preferred taste and CBD flapjacks are a great way to start.
First of all, one of the main ingredients for CBD flapjacks won’t be available in stores and that is CBD butter. However, we explained how to make that in an earlier blog so start with that and then you are ready to go. Remember the CBD content of your butter, and therefore your flapjacks, will depend of the strength of CBD oil you use.
A great thing about flapjacks is that you can make them according to your own preferences. We’ve listed a few of the alternatives below but go ahead and experiment with some different ideas.
Our recipe is for 16 flapjacks and these are the ingredients that you will need:
- 125g of CBD butter
- 175g of rolled oats
- 140g of dried fruit (such as raisons, cranberries, apricots, mango, apple, fig, dates etc)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 140g of soft brown sugar
- Finely grated zest of one orange
- 4 tbsp linseeds (optional – but great for being extra healthy) – or you could use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds if you prefer
- 100g of chocolate chips or chunks (also optional and not so healthy!)
Steps to make CBD Flapjacks
- Pre-heat your oven to 160°C or gas mark 2 -3. Don’t be tempted to use a higher heat as the CBD will cook off otherwise.
- Line a medium sized tray (around 20cm square) with grease proof paper.
- Combine the CBD butter, syrup, sugar and orange zest in a small saucepan. Cook gently on low heat, stirring until the sugar has fully dissolved. Don’t overheat as you could damage the CBD!
- Put the oats, dried fruit and linseed (if you are using it) in a bowl and pour over the melted butter and sugar mixture. Mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared tray and smooth into one evenly packed layer with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes until the flapjacks are a golden colour.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes then turn out and cut into 16 bars.
- Optional step – melt the chocolate in a microwave and pour over the granola bars.
If placed in a sealed container, your flapjacks will keep for four days.