This CBD sugar scrub recipe not only has the potential to do wonders for your skin, but it is really easy to make at home too.
Cold weather can cause havoc for your skin. Sugar scrubs work to remove dead skin and debris by gently exfoliating as you rub it in, making it perfect to combat the cold season. CBD is also said to aid skin care, with potential benefits including nourishing dry skin, reducing inflammation, and increasing elasticity. To find out more, check out our blog post on acne and CBD
To make this CBD sugar scrub you will need:
- A jar or another container with a lid to store the scrub in
- 65 grams of granulated sugar (note that if you intend to use this scrub on your face, you will want the sugar to be very fine, as not to harm the delicate skin on your face)
- 55 grams of coconut oil
- 2 tbsps of jojoba oil
- 2tbsps of almond oil
- The peel of half an orange chopped fine
- 15 drops of essential oils (optional)
- 10 ml of 1500mg natural CBD oil – just like the one in our shop here.
- Melt together the coconut oil, CBD oil, and jojoba oil on a low heat just until the coconut oil is melted and becomes a clear liquid. This won’t take long.
- Once the coconut oil is melted, remove from the heat and allow the oils to reach room temperature again.
- Now that the oil mixture is at room temperature, add the sugar, the essential oils, the almond oil, and the orange peel. Mix well with a hand mixer and seal in your jar or container.
Now that you have your sugar scrub you can use it to exfoliate by rubbing it gently into your skin, washing it off and following with a moisturizer. Remember, the skin on your face can be more sensitive and delicate than the skin on the rest of your body, so always be cautious when using a new skin care product on your facial area.
If you’re a fan of CBD skincare, look out for our Voyager Life products! With bath blocks, hand cream, lip balm and soaps coming soon, it’s a good time to keep up with us.